History of Westphal, Mussgnug & Partner

  • 1952 – Hans Westphal establishes himself as patent attorney in Villingen.
  • 1967 – His son, Klaus Westphal, joins the firm.
  • 1970 – Dr. Otto Buchner, having an office in Munich, joins as partner. The result is one of the first inter-city patent firms in Germany.
  • 1976 – Bernd Mussgnug joins the firm. The law firm of Westphal Mussgnug & Partner is founded.
  • 1993 – Dr. Peter Neunert was named as further partner.
  • 1994 – Robert Göhring becomes partner in the firm.
  • 2001 – Bernhard Schmuckmaier and Michael Bickel become partners.
  • 2007 – Dr. Stephanie Modrow becomes partner.
  • 2009 – ISO 9001 Certification.
  • 2010 – Dr. Sebastian Schneider becomes partner and Establishment of our Office in Linz, Upper austria.
  • 2012 – Stephan Mixa becomes partner of the firm.